Soup: A Meal In a Bowl
January 6, 2020
Despite the shorter winter days, our schedules do not slow down. We tend to seek out hardy, quick to prepare meals. Making a pot of soup is a perfect solution for a healthy, hot choice as it’s often called a meal in a bowl. There are dozens of different healthy soups that you can make; here are a few:
- Tomato Soup: A homemade soup is fresher and more nutritious than from artificial powdered soups and tinned soups. Tomato soup provides lots of fiber and is also a source of vitamin C.
- Gazpacho: Native to Spain, it’s an extension to the regular tomato soup. It is usually made with tomatoes, bread crumbs, spring onions, and other vegetables. It is a rich source of vitamin C.
- Lentils: Soups from lentils are very simple to make and are a good option for vegetarians. Lentil soups provide lots of protein, iron, and fiber.
- Chicken Soup: Chicken soup and broth have been used since ancient times. Originally from China, chicken soup is said to help clear a running nose. It contains proteins and also is a source of vitamin B.
- Minestrone: This soup comes from Italy and is made with lots of fresh vegetables. It is usually served with pasta or rice. It provides protein, fiber, and vitamin C.
Newsletter Production by PorterOneDesign.com