Mardi Gras Party Ideas- Fat Tuesday is February 25!
While Fat Tuesday is the traditional time to throw a Mardi Gras party, you can have one any time of the year. What better way to liven things up? It’s also a great way to celebrate the ongoing spirit of New Orleans.
Decorations: You can create a fun party without having to purchase a lot of supplies.
Think green, gold, and purple!
- Use lots of green, gold, and purple balloons.
- Brightly colored posterboards can be used as “happy and sad” theatre faces as well as some eye masks.
- Beads, beads, beads!
- Christmas lights can add an accent to the rich colors.
- Create your own noisemakers with any type of container and a few beans or rice inside.
- Invitations- The invitations can include the Mardi Gras masks and lots of green, yellow, and purple beads with “Celebrate” or “Party” on the face cover.
Food/Drink: Consider a blend of seafood, Cajun, and jambalaya. Easy recipes can be found online or in many cookbooks. Festive drink options can include Hurricanes, Bloody Marys, and Mint Juleps.